Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Debut

I always told myself I wouldn't blog, of course that was when blogging was more of a fad.  So not only did the hipster part of me not want to join the masses, more fundamentally I knew I had nothing important to say, at least to anyone that would care.  However, now there is someone that may or may not care, but with the possibility that he may want to know me a little better, I don't want to potentially rob him of that.

This Blog is for Isaac Shaun Powell, my son.

Other people may read this, but I wouldn't be surprised if the only hit I ever see this blog getting is maybe from my wife.  I want him to know who I was, through recanting of my past; how that past influenced me to become the person I am today, before he really gets to know who I am; and maybe provide a little insight into who I became/why I do whatever it is I did that drove him to read this.  This also serves the purpose of giving him something in case something happens to me; I've seen too many movies where a parent leaves something behind for their child and how great that seems.  Well, in order to do that, the parent had to prepare.

If my wife is reading this, you're probably going to read things you don't like.  I'm going to talk about my idiosyncrasies, many of which I know you think are stupid; heck, I think they're stupid but I also believe this is how people should be, so this is how I've chosen to be.  You're probably going to read things and think "Why doesn't/didn't he talk to me about this?"  Maybe I did once and I didn't like the outcome of the conversation so I figure why talk about it again; maybe I'm confident that talking about such things would achieve nothing other than angst in you, and thus myself.  I'm probably going to say things that you're going to take as me complaining about you or saying there's something you need to change about yourself; I'm only going to say this here (since this is really for Isaac): I have never asked you to change and I truly don't think I ever will.

This is my personal "Everybody's Free to Wear Sunscreen", dedicated to my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment